Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > SFoT memories
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SFoT memories If you have a special story about the park, a fellow employee, or just working there, enter it here.

Old March 30th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Question Haunted Six Flags

<eerie music on>

Ok.. I was reading Stacy's account of scarfing down fudge at the Texas Candy Kitchen and was reminded of the haunted stories of the Candy Kitchen and other areas of Six Flags. Does anyone have any real haunting experiences at the park? You know that those buildings in the Texas area of the park were actual farm houses moved on-site. So, I guess it's safe to say that they were occupied at one time or another. Maybe the ghosts were ticked that they moved their houses?

I swear myself that I saw movement in one of the upper windows of the building next to the Candy Kitchen late, late, late one night after a fling. Ok...maybe it was the fling that affected my judgement.

Then of course there was a gruesome accident at El Hat that had people talking of hauntings.

<eerie music off>

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old March 30th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Black Tag

Default El Hat accident

It's funny that Alan mentions that accident. I was talking to the librarian at our youngest son's school today , and as we were talking about this website and former SFOT people she told me that one of her classmates had been an employee and had been killed at the El Hat. His name was David Nelson. The guy who died at the Mexican ride was something people talked about years after it happened. I didn't know that the buildings in Texas had been moved on-site.
Old March 30th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Gold Tag

I knew the Texas Candy Kitchen was haunted and I believe it. I have passed by the building many times and every time the curtain is a different way. I don't think someone goes up there and changes it it.

The story about the Texas Candy Kitchen is that a little girl named Amy (or Annie) was playing by Johnson Creek when she slipped on a rock, fell in, and drowned. She still haunted her home (the farmhouse) to this day. Many employees say the curtains move, the lock on the door is locked sometimes and othertimes it isn't, and some have seen the girl wondering around the railroad tracks. Many say that she loves to look over the crowds walking to Titan and Texas Giant and can sometimes be seen in the window.

^That is a picture of the Haunted Texas Candy Kitchen
__________________________________________________ ____

As for El Sombrero, I didn't know there was an accident on it. From my knowledge, I thought the River Rapids incident in the 90s was the first death on Six Flags over Texas property. The most recent death happened this year when a car drove off the road (Road to Six Flags) and into the front gate lake near the turn around on Judge Roy Scream. A man and his son died.

Last edited by sfotadmin : March 31st, 2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old April 1st, 2005, 04:11 AM
Black Tag

Unfortunately, the rapids incident was the first guest fatality, not the first fatality.

I was often reminded of the El Hat accident while operating it last year...
Old May 6th, 2005, 03:01 AM
General Manager

Default Texas Candy Ghost

A few friends think they can see a little girl's face in the window in this pic I took a few years back. Kinda faint and it could be a reflection or who knows what, but it's in the bottom right corner of the window upstairs. Don't ask me. I just took the picture

Full pic

Closeup of the window
Old May 6th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedmister
A few friends think they can see a little girl's face in the window in this pic I took a few years back. Kinda faint and it could be a reflection or who knows what, but it's in the bottom right corner of the window upstairs. Don't ask me. I just took the picture
Ok.. now that got the little hairs standing up. No... I don't mean because I have just a little hair left either!

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old May 6th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Gold Tag

You can also see something similar to that in the picture I posted it. Strange huh?
Old May 11th, 2005, 11:30 AM
General Manager

Default Another SFoT ghost pic

Here's another one that I had bookmarked long ago. There's a faint image of a young boy in the bottom right corner of the pic. If you download the pic and enlarge it on a photo editing program, it's still pretty clear...at least as far as ghosts go. The site mistakenly lists the name of the park, but it's SFoT.
Click Here
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:40 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.
Default Debunk

I don't mean to be a myth-buster here and ruin the magic, especially since the people who run the park have done so much to ruin the Six Flags magic over the years.

My last years at the park, I was a safety supervisor and a Sergeant for the security dept. Almost daily, I had to tour various buildings of the park for inspections, to look at the fire alarm panel for that section of the park, which is in the upstairs of that building, or to lock the doors. The upstairs of the candy store is actually the storage room for the store. So people go up there all the time, several times a day, for stock, to access the fire panel, etc. This is why at various times the light will be on or off, why the curtains change position.

Having spent two years as a conductor, and parts of several seasons as an engineer, I spent many many nights circling the railroad tracks... and never once saw anything remotely ghostish. Though I suspect that the Possum that Chris Barron cut clean in half with the driver wheels might haunt the tracks. That being said, my girlfriend at the time was the foreman of conductors during Holiday in the park, and the first few years, you may recall that Holiday in the Park only took place in about half the park... which meant that the Texas depot was not open to guests, but we still had to have a conductor there. She was a very skittish person, and able to scare herself easily. So being alone, in the dark, at a supposedly haunted section, she was convinced that she was able to see the ghost of Amy ... I tried to tell her that it was the light over the water tower shining down on the cascade of water that constantly leaked from the joint in the waterspout.
Old May 13th, 2005, 09:18 AM

Who you going to call?

www.davismccownlaw.com