Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Departments > Ride Operations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ride Operations Ride Operations discussion

Old December 29th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Default Alan Reynolds (Ride Operations 77-79)

Funny story: I worked in Ride Operations in 77 and the first ride I worked on was Spindletop. The whole day I was afraid of having to do one thing... that was cleaning up vomit. Luckily I somehow timed it just right so that it happened when I was on break. I just knew that it would turn into some sort of vomit-fest if I had to do that. After having kids, you're never squeemish again.

-Alan
email me

p.s. I was thinking that this would be somewhat the format people should enter into each of the department forums. Just an idea though.

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old August 14th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Blue Tag

I've never liked cleaning up vomit either, but I gotta admit, you do get used to it. Worst one I saw was at Superman. This dude threw up at the top and it ran from the backwall fence all the way back to the ride, and he must of been eating all day, it looked like a river of puke. I think he may of set a record for the length, I had the crew hose it out instead of using kitty litter because it would have took forever to clean.
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:56 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv's Ragin Surf View Post
I think he may of set a record for the length
That would have to compete with *the* worst vomination I'd ever been witness to, a kid who let it fly as soon as the ripcord was pulled at Skycoaster. All over the flight line, the lift, the (cloth) roof of the flight suit area, culminating on spectators gathered in the midway watching. 50 mph flying vomit, YES!
Old August 14th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Blue Tag

Default Not to be confused with Norwegian band "Emetica".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista 96-02 View Post
That would have to compete with *the* worst vomination I'd ever been witness to, a kid who let it fly as soon as the ripcord was pulled at Skycoaster.
Vomination? What a great word! I just Google'd it, and discovered there's a Swedish death metal band with that moniker.
Old August 14th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Gold Tag

The worst one I ever saw was when a guy riding in the front seat of the Giant let it fly throughout the ride. The vomit, which consisted mainly of pink things and chili dogs, traveled down the entire train causeing several others to lose their luch as well. It was a "giant" mess and a real chain reacton!

Spinnaker vomits were always nasty as well!
Old August 14th, 2008, 03:12 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant12 View Post
The worst one I ever saw was when a guy riding in the front seat of the Giant let it fly throughout the ride.
I remember one like that, except it was of the ..diarrheal variety.

I only heard about it by sitting in the Ops office when radio traffic started transmitting messages about it. The sound of Mike Apple chuckling through his radio chatter was hilarious.
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Platinum Tag !

I showed up at shift change at Conquistador one day to find my co-foreman finishing a clean up that took 2 hours. Let loose from one end of the unload platform to the other while the boat was moving. It was the middle of summer, so the stain was there for weeks until the next time it rained.
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:33 PM
General Manager

Someone actually got sick while riding El Conquistador? That tame thing? Not that I don't believe you. It's just that I have trouble grasping that someone would have such a strong case of motion sickness to hurl on such a gentle ride. Well, gentle compared to the rest of the rides at Six Flags.
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Platinum Tag !

The motion of the ride didn't necessarily have anything to do with. People got sick on every ride in the park at some point during the season. Even rides like Flume and the carousel. And, besides, I would hardly call Conquistador "gentle".
Old August 14th, 2008, 10:32 PM
General Manager

Exactly. It had moments at the top of each swing that caused you to lose your stomach. Add to that when the stomach lost it and "shared" it's contents with everyone else on the ride, then you've got a nasty situation. Even the ones in line can get sick and puke.